Smt. Jawala Devi College of Education, Sanghol,F.G.S. Punjab Accredited by NAAC with B++ Grade
In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. An IQAC of our college has been established in 2008.
Objectives of the IQAC
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Functions of the IQAC:
Some of the functions of the IQAC are
Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Composition of the IQAC:
IQAC has been constituted in our institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders. It was established in year 2008 and it meets quarterly [Once in every quarter]. The agenda, minutes and Action Taken Reports are to be documented with official signatures and maintained electronically in a retrievable format.
IQAC CURRENT STATUS/COMPOSITION
|1||Ms. Urmil Verma||Executive Trustee
Smt. Jawala Devi Memorial Trust, Sanghol
|2||Mr. C.L. Sharma||Trustee, Smt. Jawala Devi Memorial Trust||Employer Nominee|
|3||Dr. G.S.Gill||Education Advisor||Management Member|
|4||Dr. Sarbjit Kaur||Principal (Officiating)
G.H.G. Khalsa College of Education, Gurusar-Sudhar.
|External Expert [Educationist]|
|5||Dr. Ravinderjit Kaur||Principal
Sant Baba Bhag singh College of Education for Girls, Sukhanand, Moga.
Former, Dean, Punjab University, Chandigarh
|6||Dr. Beant Singh||Principal
Uma Rana Public School
|7||Dr. Pinki Rani Kamran||Principal, SJDCE||Chairperson, IQAC|
|8||Ms. Paramjeet Kaur Mangat||Assistant Professor||Coordinator-IQAC|
|9||Ms. Amita Sharma||Assistant Professor||Member|
|10||Mr. Harjinder Singh||Assistant Professor||Member|
|11||Dr. Anita Arora,||Assistant Professor||Member|
|12||Ms. Nidhi Palta||Assistant Professor||Member|
|13||Ms. Rupinder Kaur||Student||Member|
|15||Mr. Jorawar Singh||Vice President
Alumni Association, SJDCE
|16||Ms Shilpi||Alumni Member||Member|
|17||Mr. Deven||Administrative officer||Member|
Smt. Jawala Devi College of Education